****DONE: Bf109G-14 Yellow 1 Magg. Mario Bellagambi - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks guys...them pics I promised....also the masks are off the main canopy and have added the 2 armoured glass panels to the headrest, one front and back....that was not a simple process especially when trying to add the smallest drop of glue to secure them in place without getting any on the pieces.

Attachments

• 101_Front canopy  Gunsight_9566.jpg
    101_Front canopy Gunsight_9566.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 124
  • 102_Front Canopy  Gunsight_9568.jpg
    102_Front Canopy Gunsight_9568.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 103_Main canopy  Headrest_9573.jpg
    103_Main canopy Headrest_9573.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 126
thanks guys...them pics I promised....also the masks are off the main canopy and have added the 2 armoured glass panels to the headrest, one front and back....that was not a simple process especially when trying to add the smallest drop of glue to secure them in place without getting any on the pieces.

Very, very good job!
I know what you mean because I had the same problem when I did my G14 but (no surprise ...) my output wasn't as good as yours, as can be seen here:
DSCN1280.JPG

Additionally, may be I missed some steps of your w.i.p., but the canopy doesn't seem to be the standard one from the kit, it's may be from RB production?
Cheers
Alberto

been chipping away with the fiddly bits....no pics though.....added wingtip lenses/lights, pitot tube, prepped underwing antenna not fitted yet, added unercarriage covers...and attached the headrest and antenna post to the canopy.....in the home stretch now, soon be done!

Pics soon!

Ok, as I said been chipping away the past few days...on the spur of the moment decided to add an additional antenna wire lead that runs on the inside of the canopy down to the canopy release this little addition added another hour and a half to the finishing time....the canopy wire attachment to the open canopy, pitot tube inlet, under wing antenna, mass balances on the ailerons and finally the aerial wiring....DONE!

so pic of the extra lead inside the canopy, canopy wire attachment and a couple of finished pics....

Attachments

• 104_Canopy attachment wiring_9617.jpg
    104_Canopy attachment wiring_9617.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 105_Internal canopy wiring_9620.jpg
    105_Internal canopy wiring_9620.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 106_Canopy and wiring _9639.jpg
    106_Canopy and wiring _9639.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 107_Finished_9625.jpg
    107_Finished_9625.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 108_Finished_9643.jpg
    108_Finished_9643.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 137
You're welcome Peter, Thanks.

I'm going to do up a couple of pages about this 109 and note my observations and interpretations of what I did different for this aircraft from what has been presented in the past.

I wait for that!
In my opinion yours is one of the best representation of Bellagambi's bird.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back