Done : Bf109K-4 of 12./JG27 "Blue 7" Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Karl, that looks great! It's really come alive with the decals, and the paint scheme is looking smart.
I'm not sure about the underwing crosses for that particular bird, although the black outline crosses seemed to be more common for the period. I'll see if I can find any reference, unless Wayne beats me to it?

Karl, it looks tits man....

Question tho, is the 7 positioned in the correct spot horizontilly, cause it looks a tad high on the model from the pic perspective to me???

79093.jpg

83769.jpg

just looked again Les the 7 isnt to bad the angle of the shot may be deceptive !

and have gone through as many books as i've got and decided to use the outline crosses on the lower wings as in wayne's profile on page 1, pics in 30ish mins

ok quicker than i thought, all the decals are on and have been given a coat of klear, i've just got to flat coat then attach all the fiddley bits like the mass balences etc and then i'll borrow a better camera and get some real pictures for the judges.

thanks go to wayne for the 7 and gruppe bar's and to Wojtec for the swastikas

Attachments

• Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 88
  • Image006.jpg
    Image006.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 77
Well Karl , I've been doing the same...trying to determine the right cross....so far can't be certain..

The 330 XXX series seems to have the Black and White crosses, many others which are from later series have the plain Black cross rather than the black outline style of cross, haven't specifically seen a match for the 331XXX series which Blue 7 seems to be from....?

...still looking....even though you have made your decision...Looks good Karl!

the decal sheet comes with both Wayne, but is unclear about which to use or it may be suggesting both the plain black cross with the black outlines it actually says use decal 7/3 !!!
and some profiles i've seen of late G's and K's have both with the gaps between painted white !!!!

as you can see i've put the outline crosses on and can easily add the cross in the middle if you find that might be more likely !

7 is done !

i must admit i'm pretty proud of how its turned out :D, not a world beater but pretty good if i may say so :lol:

i will be posting much better pictures but in the mean time...........!

Attachments

• Image003(1).jpg
    Image003(1).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Image002(1).jpg
    Image002(1).jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Image000(1).jpg
    Image000(1).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Image001(1).jpg
    Image001(1).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 91
  • Image004(1).jpg
    Image004(1).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 97
Looks great Karl! :thumbleft:

I just stuck the plain black cross on, I can add the black outline crosses if somebody can confirm. Well done, though, nice build!

Looks great Karl! :thumbleft:

I just stuck the plain black cross on, I can add the black outline crosses if somebody can confirm. Well done, though, nice build!

Muller i looked through at least 4 books and saw all three types of crosses so i belive no-one can say you'd be definatly wrong except maybe Erich !!!

and thanks to you all for the kind words it means a lot coming from some great modellers :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back