Done : Bf109K-4 of 12./JG27 "Blue 7" Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking brilliant Karl! The canopy armour would br the 'Panzerglas' type, a thick armoured glass panel, abpve the metal plate armour. I'll dig out some pics for you, unless you can wait until you come down here? Let me know, as I've got some clear close-up shots of it.

thank you to all !

dont worry about the pics of the panzer glass terry i had one all along that i discovered by accident while looking for something else !
also had an attack of the T.fox v humbrol paint fight, the brown went on great but the green just didnt want to cover the wings for some reason.

after ending up with to much paint obscuring the panel details i stripped it and started again but it still took two coats and is a little lumpy in places !
but hey this is a late war paint job it shouldnt be perfect, well thats what i'm telling myself anyway !!!!!!!!

ok next question !

can someone show me areas likely to be stained by oil or fluids i've an idea of some places but am pretty vague about what parts were more liable to become grimey and how much dirt, grease etc would accumulate

Building the same one Maxi? What else do you need to get started!:D

Talent. :lol:

And time. I have a lot of work (non model making) coming up soon unfortunately.

It'll be the "Yellow 1" of Leutnant Gunther "Micki" Landt, Staffelkapitan of 11/JG53 "Pik-As" when it's done though..

Nice work so far mate! :thumbleft: Now I know what mine is going to look like, love the green/brown camo scheme! BTW, any chance you can post that pic of the armoured glass in the canopy?

Talent. :lol:

And time. I have a lot of work (non model making) coming up soon unfortunately.

It'll be the "Yellow 1" of Leutnant Gunther "Micki" Landt, Staffelkapitan of 11/JG53 "Pik-As" when it's done though..

Good stuff! There is more than one interpretation of Landt's camo scheme....so you will have to make a choice, when the time comes?

7 lives
my hands were shaking putting on those decals Wayne i was thinking all the time "these have travelled half way round the globe dont f**k em up", then a 7 split in two, :shock: AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH ! but i think i've managed to rescue it

Attachments

• Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 112
cheers mate, i was bricking it when i saw it in two pieces

next question which underwing cross is correct or should it be both ?

Attachments

• Bf109K-4_%27Blue%207%27_10_JG%2027a.JPG
    Bf109K-4_%27Blue%207%27_10_JG%2027a.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 78
Looks great Karl! I stuck the kit decals on. Hope they're the right ones! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back