Done : Bf109K-4 IV./JG 53 'Black 16' Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got it finished. Still have my usual issues with my builds, bad seam filling/sanding and canopies, made a complete balls of the canopy, some of the primer got under the tape onto the clear plastic. Managed to get most of it off, the staining on the glass is weathering! :lol:

Hope the pics aren't too dark, they looked ok on my laptop

SL381845.jpg

SL381846.jpg

SL381848.jpg

SL381852.jpg

Messed around a bit with photobucket! :)

SL381845-1.jpg

Just need to put some sort of beading around the base. I enjoyed every aspect of this build, especially tackling a mottled camo scheme, also being part of the 1st group build here too!

Thanks fellas, I'm happy enough with it, not as battered as my other builds! One thing I'm not happy with was the dodgy 1st coat of paint, wrong colours etc, the subsequent coats hid my pre-shading. I'm too chicken to post shade it!

The base has it's beading on now, I was hoping to stain the wood, but my carpentry skills are sh*t, I need to fill in the corners, so the beading will be painted instead :lol:

Just waiting now for the info on how the finished pics should be taken.

On to the FW190A-6 next! :)

Thanks Catch :)

I sanded down the corners of the base beading where i filled them last night. I gave the beading a quick coat of wood stain to see how it looked, it turned out OK! Did a bit more weathering on the grass too. It's too late to take pics now, will take a couple tomorrow in daylight.

Left it too late to take pics again, was too busy finishing the bomb trailer for the corsair, so the camera flashed when I took this pic. But you can see the beading in place.

109k-4.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back