**** DONE: Curtiss P-40M Wairarapa Wildcat FO Geoffrey Fisken Commonwealth GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Perhaps your P-40 is like "Sky Captain's" and can do that submarine bit. :) Shame on you Wayne, taking shots at your own side. [-X

I did a little work cleaning up the resin parts on the kitchen table. It's too da*n cold out on the un-heated back porch to work lately and getting worse. 19F now and I heard tomorrow morning is supposed to be 6F with a windchill of -18F when I go to work.

I think they may have given me two of the same wheel wells. I'll see when I test fit them.

PC123998.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome to winter Glenn. We've had it cold here already in late November. Minus 25C for about 4 days in a row with lots of snow. Today was a little above freezing - not too bad.

The resin parts look nice but I think you're right about the the wheel wells unfortunately. Too bad

Oh you guys with all that cold...........I mean real cold and here am I complaining as its only 23 to 25C today, this is supposed to be full summer.

Sadly Glenn I feel you are right about the wheel, can you not email the company and state your problem asking for a replacement after all you have a couple of months up your sleeve.

Be prepared for them to take a while to respond Glenn and with it being holidays coming up, it could be a long while but I'm sure they will respond.

I still haven't received a response from Eduard about the wheel-well mix-up, but have gone ahead anyway. The resin cockpit parts have been sprayed with zinc chromate green aluminum for the seat, and a dark wash applied. My stock of CA clue has all turned bad so I'll have to get to a hobby shop to get some more before assembly starts.

Attachments

• P1014063.JPG
    P1014063.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 119
  • P1014064.JPG
    P1014064.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 119
That looks real good Glenn, the zinc chromate looks spot on. Has your CA glue turned a sort of browny/pink, mine has but it still seems to work well enough, as for Eduard just hang in there mate, they are having a big long holiday with New Year out of the way will soon be back to full production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back