**** DONE: Curtiss P-40M Wairarapa Wildcat FO Geoffrey Fisken Commonwealth GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beaut work Glenn. I think I'd leave those rear screens. Apart from the fact that the off-centre is so small the human eye wouldn't notice, I doubt very much if it would be seen to be 'out' anyway, through the rear of the ducting. Rather not damage them trying to re-position.

I finished the radiator assembly and test fitted it. Looks like no problem. Also did the control panel. Looking at the enlarged picture I think the gray I used to dry brush the mid panel is a little dark. The little raised boxes are really white line boxes around the switches.(see last pic from internet) I think I'll try a lighter gray or white.

P1114118.JPG
P1114116.JPG
8 p40k  2.jpg

Last edited:
I painted and installed the seat belts tonight. I replaced the PE kit part representing the piece of leather under the right side lap belt buckle with a piece of painted paper napkin.
The last 3 pictures are of the test fitting of the resin cockpit parts which fit perfectly with no modification what so ever. I'm really liking these Eduard resin parts - very well engineered. Now if only they would send me the correct wheel well part. I'm getting to the point where I'll have to go ahead with out it.
I'll glue the fuselage halves together tonight so I can get the cockpit inserted tomorrow.

P1124122.JPG
P1124120.JPG
P1124121.JPG
P1124119.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back