**** DONE: Curtiss P-40M Wairarapa Wildcat FO Geoffrey Fisken Commonwealth GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The technical guys will probably tell you better Bill, but the CA from the $2 shop is quite thick compared to a pot of Pink Zap which is super thin and when applying just a dot it's invisible.

I forgot to mention that the thin CA also seeps well between the cracks and is brilliant for sticking fingers together..............................

Looking good Glenn, and I hope you get a response from Eduard soon. As Vic said, they should be back at work tomorrow.
Must admit, I find little difference between the well-known brands of CA, and the stuff I get from 'Poundland' - 6 bottles, with long, thin applicators, for £1. That said, this can vary, depending on what they have in stock, but is normally thin. I also haven't yet tried those expensive ones advertised on most modelling sites rather not pay too much to stick my fingers together !!

The CA glue that went bad was the medium thick type. It was at least 4 years old and decided to turn too thick to come out of the bottle. For thin CA I use the cheap stuff from the drug store, but the gel type you get there is far too thick for me. I like using the Medium thick stuff for assembling resin most of the time, it gives me a little more adjustment time and I can freeze it in position with accelerator. If I can't make it to a hobby shop I may just go with the cheep thin stuff from Walgreen's.

I hope Eduard comes through with the part. The kit can be made without it, but the resin looks much more realistic, so I'll hold out as long as I can.

I've only noticed the difference in thickness's over brands, I have LHS CA and generic CA and it's all the same. But love using it, just some nail polish remover to remove the thick of it then a light sand and the problem is fixed!

I did some detail painting on the resin cockpit parts tonight. I haven't yet started installing all the PE parts. Maybe this weekend.

P1054068.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys. 2 hours for the space heater to warm up the back porch to do 30 minutes of painting. No wonder I don't get anything done in the winter time! :evil: :lol:

You do such great work T!
There is a group of builders we follow for inspiration. You are one of them!

I had the heater cranked up out on the back porch tonight and almost finished the cockpit. I still have some detail painting to do, install the seat belts, and make up the control panel yet. I also put the PE grating on the radiators. I noticed looking at the last picture that a couple of them on the rear side aren't quite centered. I'll have to see if I can fix that.

Attachments

• P1094109.JPG
    P1094109.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 109
  • P1094110.JPG
    P1094110.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 112
  • P1094111.JPG
    P1094111.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread

Back