**** DONE: Curtiss P-40M Wairarapa Wildcat FO Geoffrey Fisken Commonwealth GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Vic, Wayne.
I joined the fuselage halves last night. I was starting to wonder if I was going to get this one finished before the deadline, but now with the cockpit almost complete and the fuselage together, I'm feeling better about it.

Beautiful work Glenn, looks the biz mate!
If it's possible to reach them, the shoulder harness adjusters could do with a very slight tweak. The thin vertical 'bar' running down the centre of the adjuster assembly was a fabric 'strap', made from webbing, normally a similar colour to the harness itself. This was lifted and pulled upward to slacken the roller in the adjuster, allowing the harness to be loosened. Pulling down obviously tightened the harness. It's the same arrangement I had on my last harnesses in my old off-roader.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it :D
Looks good Glenn. Has Eduard at least responded to you?
I haven't heard anything from them at all. I sent another email this afternoon, but time is running out.

....If it's possible to reach them, the shoulder harness adjusters could do with a very slight tweak. The thin vertical 'bar' running down the centre of the adjuster assembly was a fabric 'strap', made from webbing, normally a similar colour to the harness itself. This was lifted and pulled upward to slacken the roller in the adjuster, allowing the harness to be loosened. Pulling down obviously tightened the harness. It's the same arrangement I had on my last harnesses in my old off-roader.
I should have caught myself since I have a real one sitting down in the basement :oops: I haven't inserted the cockpit into the fuselage yet so it's an easy fix. Thanks for the catch Terry

I haven't heard anything from them at all. I sent another email this afternoon, but time is running out.

Ain't that frustrating about mail order? What do you do if they don't respond - send them an e-mail saying you'll never buy their stuff again (even if you don't mean it)?

Having said that, read these glowing reviews. Maybe there's a nugget there for you Glenn.

Eduard - Great Customer Service - Forums - FineScale Modeler: Online Community, Forums, Blogs, Galleries

Nice work Glenn. Hope you get your wheel well in time.

I've had horrible luck with Eduard customer service. I needed a replacement decal sheet from them. I emailed them five times never getting a response. I finally just gave up.

That's a bit of a bum@er with Eduard Glen. Did you buy them through a local shop or direct. If local can I suggest that you talk to your supplier who will get his supplies through an import agent, see if you can get the agents contact name and e-address for Eduard and then sent an e-mail from person to person. I know it seems a long winded approach but it has worked for me in the past.

Yea guys, I'm not real happy with their customer service right now. The least they could have done is respond to my email saying "Sorry we cant help you" or something.
That's a bit of a bum@er with Eduard Glen. Did you buy them through a local shop or direct. If local can I suggest that you talk to your supplier who will get his supplies through an import agent, see if you can get the agents contact name and e-address for Eduard and then sent an e-mail from person to person. I know it seems a long winded approach but it has worked for me in the past.
Vic I bought that model so long ago I don't even remember where I got it, but chances are it was at one of three hobby shops in the area that have since closed there doors.

Well anyway I did some more work, joining the fuselage halves together, then dressing up the joints. The only thing that gave me a little trouble was where the tail fin meats the fuselage. The tail is molded a little off center (Just like the real thing to offset engine torque) and there is a step in the joint that didn't quite line up right. a little CA for filler and a needle file took care of it. I'll try to get the cockpit in tonight or tomorrow

P1154127.JPG
P1154128.JPG

Last edited:
Some very nice efforts there Glenn getting harder and harder to tell some of you guys work apart

Vic I bought that model so long ago I don't even remember where I got it, but chances are it was at one of three hobby shops in the area that have since closed there doors.

Isn't this a shame?I shop at mine at least once a month if not for a kit but supplies.he was a smart business man years ago upon seeing the advent of RC coming on strong.Cheers

Thanks again guys!
I glued in the fuselage area behind the rear windows and the cockpit assembly today before model making privileges were revoked in favor of house cleaning and an 7th grade girls basketball game.

P1154129.JPG
P1154130.JPG
P1154131.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back