**** DONE: Curtiss P-40M Wairarapa Wildcat FO Geoffrey Fisken Commonwealth GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Matt, Vic, Aaron
I really didn't feel like doing all that shimming, filling and sanding, so I went the lazy rout. :lol:

Good job Glenn. That Eduard kit is the old Mauve kit reboxed. I've a couple of the Eduards and also the Mauve versions in the stash, ready for some RAAF versions I would like to do. Haven't built one yet though, so this is all very valuable experience - for you and me both! 8)

Cheers

Peter

Good job Glenn. That Eduard kit is the old Mauve kit reboxed.

Well that explains the fit problems. It just didn't seem like the other Eduard kits I have done.

I finished dressing up the wings. No big problems, just a little filling and sanding around the landing gear bulges and between the guns.

This kit has an unusual way to do the rear windows. That section of the fuselage is molded out of clear plastic and fit over a separate recessed piece with the dimples under the windows molded into it. I installed the clear part and it looks like I'll be doing a bit of sanding to blend it in, but it looks like its going to work out pretty good.

P1234155.JPG
P1234158.JPG
P1234164.JPG

Last edited:
More work on the rear window area.
I cut over-sized masks from 3m painters tape to protect the portion to remain clear, and went to work with my needle file. This is what it looked like after the initial fileing. Not as bad as I thought it would be. It will need a little filler at the rear seam on both sides, the right more so than the left. I'll probably use CA, then file again, re-scribe panel lines, and go through progressively finer grits of wet dry sand paper.

P1264170.JPG
P1264171.JPG

Last edited:
Good stiff Glenn and that blue painters tape is good stuff also, has so many uses and not so tacky as real masking tape which leaves so much gunge behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back