**** DONE: Curtiss P-40M Wairarapa Wildcat FO Geoffrey Fisken Commonwealth GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well the fit still wasn't great, but I managed to get the wings on the fuselage tonight after mush struggle and having to jam the broken off point of a pencil into the left wheel well to get the top of the wing to match up with the fillet on the fuselage. There still will be a lot of work to do with the needle file when all the tape comes off.

P1304191.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your comments.
I'm took all the tape off today and the joint did look rather ugly, but I've seen much worse. I'm going to let the glue cure a day or two before I begin tackling it with a needle file and super glue.

The car got stuck a block away from the house this morning so I didn't make it to work today. Here's the result of a couple of hours of filling, fileing and wet sanding. I thought I was done with the sanding, but of course the close-up pictures show that it still needs a little work. The dark area in the joint is the CA I used for fill. I don't know how I use to make it with out superglue!

P2034201.JPG
P2034205.JPG
P2034206.JPG
P2034204.JPG
P2034201.JPG
P2034205.JPG
P2034206.JPG
P2034204.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back