****DONE: F-4N NK100 (CAG) of VMFA-323 "Death Rattlers", USS Coral Sea, 79/80 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I forgot to add - acrylic varnish. Even Future can be used, if sprayed and allowed to harden for around 24 hours, although a straight varnish is better.

Almost forgot to take pictures before I started the decals!

DSCN3217.jpg

DSCN3218.jpg

From afar, looks fine:

DSC_00032.jpg

Upon closer inspection however...

DSC_00022.jpg

I'm going to see what I can do with a fine brush and some paint. Won't be perfect, but thankfully they're black which tends to be more forgiving for matters such as these. That one is the worst, every time I touched it, something else would tear. Patience (and the realization I was screwed if I didn't somewhat save it) is the only thing kept that thing looking even as reasonable as it does. The SEA from Coral Sea separated too, but that one was easier, and the VMFA-323 turned into VMF and A-323, but once again, also easier. A 0 from 100 went missing off of the top of the wing though...

Decals about 50% done. Have to wait a couple hours until the spray dries to continue.

Apart from the knackered decals, it's looking good Cory. Before you paint-in the broken parts, give the area a gloss clear coat. This will protect the decals, and seal them to the surface, and also make the painting easier. Hope the other decals work out ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back