**** DONE: Flashback 1:48 Me163 A v4 Komet - Heini Dittmar, 1941 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lostinhull

Airman 1st Class
Mar 1, 2010
East Riding of Yorkshire
Username: lostinhull
Name: Paul
Category: 3 - Beginner (closer to noob at present)
Scale: 1/48
Subject: Messerschmitt 163A V1 - Heini Dittmar - 1941
Kit: Flashback Me163A Komet
Accessories: OOB

In the interests of balance I thought I'd try to even things up a bit with a Messerschmitt (and I've not tried to build anything with either resin or etch parts before).

I'm hoping I can keep two on the go. :scratch:

I'm going for KE+SW as reviews online seem to indicate that the kit is a best fit with this particular crate.

Me163A - KE+SW.jpg

DSCF1049.JPG

DSCF1048.JPG

DSCF1050.JPG

From the instructions:

Me-163 A V1 flown by Heini Dittmar, Peenemünde, Summer 1941. In October 2, 1941, Heini Dittmar reached the maximum speed of 1003.67km/h (M 0.84) in the cockpit of this aircraft, to become the fastest man in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking interesting. Is that your GB entry? If it is, please check how the correct one should look like. Just go to another memeber's thread in order to see that. There should be a few datas in the thread header. Also the thread title has to be of the required form.

Done now.

Have you tried to change the title when hit the Edit Post button, right?

Many thanks - yup, tried, computer said 'No'

Yep. ... For the future....please will use the Go Advanced button if you need to correct a title of a thread. The button you will find if you hit the Edit Post one. Also in the new open window you can find the button for attaching images etc.. At the top of the window there is a line with a thread title you can edit in the same way in the widow accessed with Edit Post button.

Yep. ... For the future....please will use the Go Advanced button if you need to correct a title of a thread. The button you will find if you hit the Edit Post one. Also in the new open window you can find the button for attaching images etc.. At the top of the window there is a line with a thread title you can edit in the same way in the widow accessed with Edit Post button.

Cheers - thanks for your help

Sooo, not many parts but some issues (both with the kit and my skill)

DSCF1056.jpg

Heavy ejection pin marks - these have deformed the outer surface, nothing serious but they needed trimming on the inner surface and rubbing down on the outer surface.

DSCF1057.jpg

Then a magic coating of Tamiya Primer and voila! :)

DSCF1053.jpg

Needs work on the CA to sort this pedal out.

More tomorrow

Last edited:
Great start Paul, fat fingers and all!

EDIT: BTW, happened to find these while flipping through Jagdwaffe Vol 5 Section 4 for a different reason

Attachments

• Me 163 KE SW Profile.jpg
    Me 163 KE SW Profile.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Me 163 KE SW.jpg
    Me 163 KE SW.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
RLM76??

Not RLM02 then? The instructions do say there's some disagreement amongst sources and (given the amount of 76 on a typical 163B) I have to admit to being undecided between the two.

So, I'm tending towards an 02/66 interior and possibly a 76 exterior (polished).

I'd appreciate any alternative opinions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back