Done : Fw190A-8 Black 5 of III./JG 54 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
i'm doing this kit for thr group build in a RLM76/74/75 scheme that was discussed with the more knowledgeable members, as the kits instructions are totaly wrong i'll post pics as i go on

Attachments

• AC2120.jpg
    AC2120.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 158
right guys here we go but first i should explain a little about what i'm planning for this kit.

i started a thread about this kit just before christmas as i thought the instruction sheet in the box was wrong about the colour scheme for the A/C.
after a discussion between several members it was generaly accepted that there should an RLM74/75/76 cammo pattern but without the yellow cowl ring, which should be RLM76 instead, and also no yellow wing tips as stated on the box !

so based on the above

i've painted the undercart doors RLM76 on the oustside also painted the lower surface of the horisontal stabs the same colour

the cowl ring is done, also in RLM76 and was assembled with the painted prop and cooling fan and black spinner with white spiral

wheelbays painted in dark grey

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 146
Nice work mate! ,

Agree with Les I'd like to see at least 20 people taking part

Get your @sses into gear guys!

cheers guys i took the pics with my daughters web cam thats why there so small, i think i'll go back to my camera.

now a couple questions did the aircraft always have the ETC bomb rack fitted or did they ever fly without it ?
i ask because the one in the kit seems very large for the scale

and does anyone have a profile of a similar A-8 so i have some sort of reference for painting the RLM75/76 colours

These ETC racks were used when a plane carried bombs or the additional fuel tak was mounted.Most A-8s carried the rack.But if there isn't any proof of it you can always omit it.

Here some patterns for RLM74/75/76 camo scheme.

Attachments

• Fw190A8_ IIIJG 54_red1.jpg
    Fw190A8_ IIIJG 54_red1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 114
  • fw190A8R11.jpg
    fw190A8R11.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Fw190A8U3 IIIJG54.jpg
    Fw190A8U3 IIIJG54.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 119
Nice profiles Wojtek!
Karl, far as I know, at that period, in that role, and particularly that aircraft(!), the ETC rack would have been fitted. If the kit part looks more or less to the proportions in Wojtek's profiles, it should be OK. I'll e-mail some stuff that might help with the cammo pattern.

thanks guys

i think i'm gonna leave off the ETC rack, the long part that runs along the belly looks ok but the parts that the fuel tank sits between seems massive !

ill try and take some pics tomorow in daylight foreveryone to see and also show what progress i've made

Users who are viewing this thread

Back