Done : Fw190A-8 Black 5 of III./JG 54 Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sadly the kit is not enough accurate.:(.There are mistakes that have to be corrected if it has to be a Fw190A-8.The A-6 not to mention at all.

here's the progress so far
wings assembled and attached, as is the undercarriage.
lower surfaces painted RLM 76, though i'm still not happy with the colour.
upper surfaces painted RLM 75
ETC rack painted

Attachments

• Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Image006.jpg
    Image006.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 66
Now I understand.Your model is of 1/72 scale right? So you should have made all paints you used lighter by adding one or two drops of white.Therefore the RLM76 seems to be much greenish than it was in realty.
Now I have to tell something about the profiles and colour pics in the Net.It is impossible rater to set a proper tonality of a colour using coputers.Why? Because it can be displayed in different ways on different monitors and depends on a display settings, its kind etc....For instance I use CRT monitor SyncMaster 743s and all clours look really different comparing to my friend's LCD monitor.That's way all people , not in the forum only, have had problems with it.All profiles and pics have to be treated as a general hint for painting but not the rule.

Karl , have a beer and don't worry.All is fine.:D

going back a page that Röte 1 base coat of RLM 76 is too grey it should be a faded light blue

Looking good Karl. Far as I can see, the colour isn't too far off, but I do agree with Erich, it should be a little lighter, with a touch of blue. Wojtek hit the nail on the head re colour presentation on computers, and this also affects colour 'photographs' to an extent. Easiest solution is to re-mix the 76, add a spot of white to lighten it SLIGHTLY, then a spot of blue. Remember, when the gloss clear coat, then the semi-matt clear coat are applied, it will go slightly darker. As regards the ETC rack, hopefully the plans I sent you will have helped; the only thing I can see from your pics that I would change is the cradle itself - the vertical arms seem just a touch too long.
Good work mate.

cheers guy's, here's some more pics.
i've decided to use the ETC rack as it is and also i was going to try and cover the RLM 76 in a very thin grey coat to try and wash out the aqua/greeny tone , but have decided to leave well alone for this build, and to try and get it right on my 1/48 bf109 K-4.
the pics were taken under a table lamp because its very wet out side today !

Attachments

• Image000.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 75
Can't wait to see the decals hit her should really bring her to life.Looking Good.Kevin

Looking brilliant Karl! Allowing for the 'warm' tone of the artificial lighting, that 76 grey looks OK; good decision to leave it alone! You've done a really good job on the mottle as well mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back