Done : Bf109G-5 of Fw. Unger, Hecker and Kroll 9./JG 54 Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking very good indeed Kevin. Maybe a touch more dirt on the tyres? They look just a little 'factory fresh'.

Looking very good indeed Kevin. Maybe a touch more dirt on the tyres? They look just a little 'factory fresh'.

What would you use Terry?I have been using chalks but it's not thick enough and I know I have read something in FSM in the armour before just to long ago.Kevin

OK Chris I will give that a shot.Thks Kevin

Oh Yea one other thing I am glad that Erich chimed in on the mottling colors kinda live'in it up a bit ;)

Just remember if you're not sure, practice on something first before doing it. Use a spare tire or something till you get the hang of it.

Kevin, I normally dry-brush tyres if I want a dirty, dusty or muddy look.
The colour depends on the terrain in question, and the season/weather of course. But, I normally start with a colour a shade lighter than what I THINK it should be, and build-up gently, not forgetting to feather outwards on the tyre (towards the axle) around the top edges of the tyre. If you want to make it look like a slightly heavier coating, say, mud, then give the tyre(s) another, light, dry-dusting, this time with a little more paint, stippling vertically onto the tyre tread and or wall. With enamels in particular, this will leave a slightly heavier, 'grainy' deposit, which looks more like lightly 'clogged' mud. For a dry, dusty type of earth packing, such as sand or sandy soil, leave it matt, as it comes. If you want it to look like fresh, wet mud, then give it an uneven coat of gloss varnish - Johnson's 'Klear' (Future) is ideal for the latter.
But, as Chris has just pointed out, have a go on something of a similar shape colour first, just to check that the colour/consistency etc is acceptable.

Attachments

• bf109 099 (1000 x 750)_edited.jpg
    bf109 099 (1000 x 750)_edited.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 77
wrong angles,got the clocks just no elevation.

Attachments

• bf109 100 (1000 x 750)_edited.jpg
    bf109 100 (1000 x 750)_edited.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 86
  • bf109 107 (1000 x 750)_edited.jpg
    bf109 107 (1000 x 750)_edited.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 86

Users who are viewing this thread

Back