Done : Bf109G-6 Yellow 9 of JG54 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have even seen a green one instead of the red paint.But I doubt if these were red painted really.The rot colour wasn't as popular as the schwarzgrun one for spinners.Of course these Bf109s used for tests might have been taken from damaged then restored machines and their spinners could have been re-painted.But I don't think so.

Dzieki Wojtek!

OK, got the decals on, finally.... There were a couple issues with them, but adapt and overcome....

These small little tiny ones were a trip....

Spinner is now weathered and the fuel tank is ready to be glossed and then weathered... Tomorrow will be time to Future spray the decals down and finish up the tires and start the canopy prep and spray them....

Attachments

• decals01.jpg
    decals01.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 77
  • decals02.jpg
    decals02.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 83
  • decals03.jpg
    decals03.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 83
  • decals04.jpg
    decals04.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 76
Looking sharp!

I would say yes - maybe not so much as dirt but from fading. There does seem to be some grime around the rudder joints and underneath. You know, typical stuff. But I think its faded.

Wow, that's looking nice Dan! The new airbrush is certainly earning its keep.
I agree with Chris; the Luftwaffe paints, although of course they could get grimey, tended to be cleaner in appearance than allied finishes, so I'd guess that any 'scruffiness', apart from dust/dirt etc around the usual areas, would be more weathering in the form of fading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back