Done : Bf109G-6 Yellow 9 of JG54 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The larger size 1/48th kits I think wont be a problem, and once I get the K-4 done that u sent me Wayne, Im keepin away from the single seat fighters in that scale....

They are very frustrating and my eyesight is really gettin bad... Thanks for the words fellas, Im really gonna try and get thing sucka done...

If its any comfort, I could never tackle the 1/32 scale as I feel at that size the detail would be beyond my skills. So hats off for doing what ya can. 1/48 can hide a few discrepancies! :)

Looks good either way. And I agree with you on the 1/144. Person who created that scale should be taken to a tarmac and shot!!

Thanks guys....

OK, the tape is off, the painting is done... It came out pretty decent I think....

Couple questions now....

Which fuel tank do I use, the one with the pointed end or the flat ended one??? Im not sure if the profile is correct....

Also, on the spinner base, theres supposed to be white and black... What proportions are these 2 colors??? Half and Half or in quarters???

Attachments

• Bf109G-6_Yellow-9_JG54_thm.jpg
    Bf109G-6_Yellow-9_JG54_thm.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 112
  • close04.jpg
    close04.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 101
  • close02.jpg
    close02.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 130
  • close03.jpg
    close03.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 100
  • close01.jpg
    close01.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 90
Looking at the profile I can say that the second one should be used I mean the one with the flat underside of its ending.
Concerning the spinner most of these painted in the way was of the white in a quarter part, the rest was black or RLM70 Schwarzgrun.

I think it is quite difficult to say becuase flaps are down but it seems that it should be the first one indeed.

The kind of spinner painting example in pic below.

Attachments

• spinner.jpg
    spinner.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 121
The paintwork looks good to me Dan (especially the mottle effect!)

Wojtek, I've seen profiles and paintings of Bf 109F's and G's with 1 quarter Weiss/ 3 quarters Rot spinners - are they incorrect? (Bf 109F CD-LA, for example, used in Mistel 1 combination)

I have even seen a green one instead of the red paint.But I doubt if these were red painted really.The rot colour wasn't as popular as the schwarzgrun one for spinners.Of course these Bf109s used for tests might have been taken from damaged then restored machines and their spinners could have been re-painted.But I don't think so.

OK, got the Future sprayed on it, some imperfections here and there, but overall, its ready for decals tomorrow....

Also put the spinner and props, as well as the base together and sprayed that as well..... Also got some of the small fiddly pieces painted and sprayed, as well as the hubs on the wheels....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back