****Finished: Bf109G-6, Yellow 9, of JG54

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, cuttin it close on the deadline, but I got her done.... This was an Academy 1/48th Bf109G-14 sent to me by drgondog... It has been backdated to a Bf109G-6 with the tall tail thanks to Waynes help with the decals and canopy....

Thanks again to all the guys for ur assistance and patience with questions and research....

Attachments

• a01.jpg
    a01.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 1,259
  • a02a.jpg
    a02a.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 1,232
  • a03.jpg
    a03.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 1,366
  • a04.jpg
    a04.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 762
  • a05.jpg
    a05.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 719
  • a06b.jpg
    a06b.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 733
  • a07.jpg
    a07.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 637
  • a07b.jpg
    a07b.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 1,217
And this is, what, like ur 3rd!!?? damn, fine looking bird!!!

And in case anybody noticed and gets the wrong idea, I believe that that is a shadow across the fuselage in pic #5 caused by the antenna wire and not the fuselage halves glued cause I know Dan sanded that area!! Had me going for a sec!

Nice work Les!! That is one big ass carpet because it looks scaled to 1/72 on it. I love the dirt (oil spill?) on the tank and all the grime under the engine.

Seems you took after me with the fly-by shot at the end, the almighty finger joint prevails! :lol:

And in case anybody noticed and gets the wrong idea, I believe that that is a shadow across the fuselage in pic #5 caused by the antenna wire and not the fuselage halves glued cause I know Dan sanded that area!! Had me going for a sec!

Let you in on a secret......there IS a panel line along the top of the spine.....not depicted on most models!

...Nice work Dan!!:D

Thanks alot Wayne....

I did a quick look, and every reference I have that shows the top down view, there is no panel line across the top spine, just the antenna cable from the rudder to mast.... Very interesting what u said....

Another completed build I've missed! Lovely work Dan, I was thinking of adding stains to the droptank on my 190 but it was on before I remembered, nice touch! :thumbleft:

Thanks alot Wayne....

I did a quick look, and every reference I have that shows the top down view, there is no panel line across the top spine, just the antenna cable from the rudder to mast.... Very interesting what u said....

Just remembered I had this Dan...

Attachments

• Me109G10_Spine Panel Line.jpg
    Me109G10_Spine Panel Line.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 222

Users who are viewing this thread

Back