**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 1 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: Fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Hasegawa

The subject will be from 360ª Squadriglia, (155° Gruppo, 51° Stormo), Monserrato Airfield in Sardinia, summer of '43

next.JPG

BorromeoSpadParrav.gif

Pilots of No. 360a Squadriglia, 51° Stormo on a Macchi C.205. From the left: 2nd Lt. Adalberto Borromeo, 2nd Lt. Fagiolo and 1st Lt. Parravicini.

Finally started to do something; removing parts defects.

img_5925-jpg.jpg

img_5928-jpg.jpg

Added 2 parts to the left sidewall.

img_5932-jpg.jpg

When did "A" become "Q"?

img_5924-jpg.jpg

The plan here is to add white to lighten up the colour to match the chip in the link Elmas gave me above

upload_2017-12-8_13-57-7-png.png

excellent choose geor, i love this plane, I have done it in two different scales and there will be 6 models and I still plan to do 4 more, be very lucky and I see that you have provided good information

Innards just about complete. Waiting for the Future to dry on the I.P.. The instrument decals are in small clusters and the Italeri ones are a bit better. Waiting for a set of photo etched set belts to arrive. I looked for some fine chain in PG so I could make my own but no luck. For those who don't know about Italian WW2 seat belts, they were anchored with chains

c-205-seat-jpg.jpg

1067673-11266-67-pristine.jpg

The wash doesn't look as stark IRL...

img_0004-jpg.jpg

The second time I do this is always the easiest.....copy/paste and Bob's your uncle

I love the Macchi fighters! And you've got two Veltros going. I wonder if it would be easier for you if you combined both builds into a single post? And then break them out separately for the FINISHED pictures? I dunno just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back