**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 2 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It definitely pleases the court. My only question is whether or not the RLM 65 and mottles covered the entire wing root fairing.

You might want to borrow the bottle from Kirby on this one and the Hasi as well, of course you will be seeing double double vision vision!

411855.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's looking darned good for a first attempt at spraying mottle, and even better after diffusing the starboard side.
That initial problem you had with the 'brush not spraying could have been an air lock - test by blocking the nozzle with your finger and briefly operating the trigger, keeping your face away from the paint cup. The paint should bubble-up in the cup. The test spray as normal, and it should spray.
If not, empty the cup, blow through using just the paint remaining in the 'brush, cleaning the barrel if required, and try again.

Thanks guys. Terry, the weird thing is when I pointed the AB away and down from the model, it sprayed perfectly, when I sprayed at the model, nothing. After the spray session I spent longer than normal cleaning the brush and used the little tool Aztek includes. There was a bit of gunk on there so that may have been the problem. Heading out the door for my first nightshift, have a good week gentlemen

Yep, that would cause the problem, and the gravity effect of pointing the 'brush down would overcome the blockage. Using the 'blowback' method, by covering the nozzle as previously described, normally identifies this, and will often clear the problem, at least temporarily, although a proper strip down and clean out is the way to go.
Have a good week at camp.

Thanks guys, left side complete...

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

One thing that really impresses my about these decals is those two placards beneath the cockpit, the printing is almost chrome silver. If these decal makers can do it, it sure would be nice to see cockpit placards made.

IMG_0004.JPG

Must remember to touch-up the yellow part of the cowling, must remember to touch-up the yellow part of the cowling,
must remember to touch-up the yellow part of the cowling, must remember to touch-up the yellow part of the cowling,
must remember to touch-up the yellow part of the cowling, must remember to touch-up the yellow part of the cowling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back