**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 1 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the link Geo. Happy with my Tamiyas at the moment though.

I think Mike Grant stopped making decals years ago but it's been a while since I talked to him.

Thanks guys. Five decals to go. The Hasegawa decals are a beast, not much adhesives left on them so I'm using Tamiya Decal Adhesive and it seems to work well but slow. Should be all good when I seal them with Future. Note in the background part of the propeller assembly gets decalled as well. This was the Italeri decal, one piece and worked great

11.png

IMG_0005.JPG

Thanks guys. The same thing will be posted on (2) so no need to go there. L'il bits will be installed shortly and then I'll get on with the clear.

IMG_0001.JPG

La mia famiglia

IMG_0005.JPG

Thanks guys. The landing gear has been a right pain in the keester. The ends of the struts were too large for the square holes the were to be inserted in so some slow filing was in order. At the other end of the spectrum, the mounting peg for the tail wheel was too small, so I filled the hole with CA accelerator, added a dab of CA to the peg and got an instant bond. The small gear doors slotted in behind the main doors....slot too thick. More filing. The retraction struts need to be threaded into place. Very tight and then trying to line up the lower hole and attachment point on the strut, fun fun fun. Done for another week, camp bus in 10 minutes. Have a good week gentlemen.

upload_2018-3-6_13-21-48.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back