**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 1 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all............

IMG_0002.JPG

upload_2018-2-15_15-27-12.png

I had to go back to the first page and check :facepalm:.....this one has the smoke rings. I'll be starting to mask, mix paint and spray (2) tonight after the hockey game

Not today John. I think the world knows I'm far from ready to do smoke rings, thankfully Italeri came to the rescue though I think there might be silvering issues with all the clear area inside of the rings. I briefly thought about removing the majority of it but I think there would be problems with the decals folding over and staying that way. It's taking about 5 minutes per decal as I am trying to remove as much air under the decal as possible while keeping the decal in place.

IMG_0001.JPG

This is a brutal close-up but I wanted to show how the spray pattern is included in the decals. Future photos will be taken from 10ft. away...

IMG_0006.JPG

geo very good job,

tests and more tests to paint by show of hands, well done, I would recommend that the dissolution instead of doing 2: 1 was greater than 3: 1 or 4: 1.5 to have more control, although I having little knowledge I do it starting counting the drops and I put 30 drops of solvent for 20 drops of paint now I have the eye done and I do it without measuring, as the solvent that I spend for the paintings is that of the mark what I have left over the return to the bottle, since I learned by the bad ones when returning paint diluted in another solvent the one of the boat broke and of white now it has remained cream or like the skin without tanning. Also the airbrush clouder was removed, the pressure at 20 psi is too high to paint by hand and make lines, below 10 PSI better (I paint 5 or 6 psi) and the paint very dissolved, then it approaches 5 or 6 mm of the piece to be painted and quick movements without saturation of paint, it is preferable that 6 or 7 passes pass, for spots I do many parts and I repeat by layers I do not give in one until I get it to stay well I do all the possible followed so I do it in my painting plans. ...

Last edited:
Thanks guys and thank you Sergio, all information helps me. Slooooowly working my way up the left side: up to the fuselage stripe now. One of the smoke rings on the instructions wasn't numbered so it while to go through the other 95 rings to find it. I did find one very small piece of silvering, hit it with a pin and added a bit of solution......film at 11

Okay....58 minutes late.

upload_2018-2-17_11-56-32.png

The two at the fuselage band needed to be trimmed as will those on the other side. While these decals aren't too bad going into panel lines, they may need some coaxing around the filter housings.

AH Bookah-de-beppo! She lookah so PREEDY! I need to talk with you later about how to properly use micro-seal and mask. I got some but have never used them before. I used to just put the decals in water and then bash them on with my fingers and a paper towel. It don't lookah preedy like dis!

Oh, and where did you get that adjustable stand man? That's sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back