**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 2 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1:48
Manufacturer: Italerie

My second Veltro (Greyhound), in the service of the Aeronautica Nanzionale Repubblica and flown by Ten. Sergio Mazzerelli. 3ª Squadriglia, 1° Gruppo, Campoformido (Udine), Italy, Apr.-Aug. 1944

nextnext.JPG
nextnext1.JPG

From the book "Camouflage and Markings of the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana 1943-1945" - Ferdinando D'Amico and Gabriele Valentini
Ian Alan Publishing

Last edited:
The box top, instructions, innards and deecals. As you can see, this being an re-box of the Hasegawa kit, the sprues remain the same. The instructions change as do the parts numbers and colour call-outs and the decal options are different.

IMG_5913.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

IMG_5917.JPG

Last edited:
Hey George, will you be using the " smoke ring" decals or painting them on? I would be curious to see how the decals look once applied.

Jeff

Gonna use them on the other GB aircraft Jeff. My concern is the great chance of silvering that may concern with all the carrier film in the middle of the rings. I may attempt to remove most of it but that will increase the likelihood of them folding over on themselves

Just make sure you have a good gloss surface and use setting solution. Some silvering can even be repaired after application by poking the area with a pin and applying more setting solution.

2 Veltros....you're going to confuse me now!

You're going to be confused....I'm trying to keep the parts separated and then realized they are all the same. The 2 threads are going to mirror one another until the exterior paint goes on. Finally started to do something; removing parts defects.

IMG_5925.JPG

IMG_5928.JPG

Just two parts added to the sidewall.

IMG_5932.JPG

When did "A" become "Q"?

IMG_5924.JPG

The plan here is to add white to lighten up the colour to match the chip in the link Elmas gave me above........or in the other thread.......

upload_2017-12-8_13-57-7.png

Do I have to say exactly the same as in the other thread? Oops, I guess I just answered that.

Last edited:
Would have been a lot better if they weren't using the same molds. Anyhoo...........innards just about complete. Waiting for the Future to dry on the I.P.. The instrument decals are in small clusters and the Italeri ones are a bit better. Waiting for a set of photo etched set belts to arrive. I looked for some fine chain in PG so I could make my own but no luck. For those who don't know about Italian WW2 seat belts, they were anchored with chains

c.205 seat.JPG

1067673-11266-67-pristine.jpg

The wash doesn't look as stark IRL...

IMG_0004.jpg

Thanks guys, one more post after this and the sameness stops. Cockpit floor done.

img_0010-jpg.jpg

The Hasegawa decals on the left were a pain in the keester to set up. Italeri decals on the right were much nicer

img_0015-jpg.jpg

Because the kit is actually a C.202 with extra bits to bring it up to a C.205, the front of the exhaust cut-out has to be.....ah....cut out.

img_0011-jpg.jpg

img_0004-jpg.jpg

The innards in. A bit of dicking around to get everything lined up but worked out in the end
img_0017-jpg.jpg

img_0016-jpg.jpg

img_0019-jpg.jpg

Very nice work, Geo! Is it just the photos or does the Hasegawa instrument panel decals have finer detail than the Italeri? I would suggest a spraying a flat coat on the interior parts to knock down the shine and even out the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back