**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 1 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think I complimented the smoke ring decals on the wrong thread! The grey scheme is nice too... both of them together make a good contrasting pair.

Thanks guys

Nice one Geo. Hmm, wonder if I'll have the same issues with the landing gear...

As there isn't really a build sequence to follow Kirby, I'll tell you my steps, maybe you can figure a better way. It's not horrendously bad, just more fiddling than I would have liked.

1. Glued the wheel to the strut and then the small part that secures the wheel. These fit very well though I had to sand down on axle a bit. Then I attached the main gear door, a very positive fit
  2. I had to file down the strut/wing attachment point quite a bit, brute force wasn't going to do it One thing I could have done different before gluing these to the wing was to glue the smaller gear door to the wing first but I wasn't sure if it would be in the way or sit properly. I do feel that filing the attachment point helped with the fit no matter which route I took
  3. Glued the retraction strut in place. This has to be wedged under some tubing into a hole at the rear of the wheel well and the other end attaches to a nub on the strut. There's not a lot of room to hold the piece while trying to fit it in so I used some tweezers and wiggled it into the gear well. I then put a very small dab of tube glue into the hole at the other end of the strut and fussed around...a lot to attach it. The reason I did this was to give it a little hold while I attempted to attach the lower end, I waited about 20 minutes for the tube glue to set and then using a toothpick I put a very small dab of tube glue to the struts lower attachment point. I used a toothpick to prod this into place. I then put another small dab of CA on a toothpick and placed that on the wheel strut/retraction strut attachment point just for piece of mind. The other side went easier.
  4. The inner gear doors were dealt with, one side at a time. This is glued to the fuselage and then the small retraction piece is attached. No real drama here, just some ackwardness trying to hold onto the small piece and place it
Having said all that, yours will probably slot right into place :)

Last edited:
Just need to add antennae and this is done. Finals later tonight, on to finish (2)........

upload_2018-3-15_14-39-54.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back