**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 2 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Back at the model, there are 2 inserts for the cowling to bring the kit from a MC.202 to a -.205. I do not like inserts but whaddayagonnadoaboutit.

IMG_0007.JPG

First up a press fit of the lower cowl piece, not too shabby.

IMG_0009.JPG

Thanks men. The bottom insert slotted in slicker than snail snot with a bit of work; I cut back the alignment tabs a bit. The top insert needs some advice as I have never really succeeded in doing this. As can be seen, the two As line up almost perfectly. Where the Bs are, the insert is slightly below the fuselage.

IMG_0001.JPG

I'm not sure if gluing bit by bit will be enough to force B up. Bending might put everything out of whack or worse. Adding plastic strip along the fuselage around the B location but will probably throw the front A out of kilter. I'm working on the (1) build right now to catch it up to where this one is right now

Is 'B' actually below the joint line, i.e. overlapping, or is it slightly sunk in ?
If the latter, then maybe a spreader inside.
If the former, perhaps trim the curved part very slightly, then fill once cemented in place ?

Here is the best pic I can take. Everything to the West of the RLM04 line is flush and to the right its probably less the ½mm. I'm going to check the fit of the spinner as this sits and see if I can get away with filing it even

IMG_0003.JPG

I'm with Kevin, given all the lumps to the west of the line which you'll lose if you fill the divot and sand it down. Having similar issues on my 190 and am building up low spots with plastic card.

Yep, I agree. Lightly fill left of the yellow line, then re-scribe, and gently sand the edges right of the yellow line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back