**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 2 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In between periods of a great and not so great World Juniors games I added the large intakes to both aircraft. When it got to the two lower intakes I paused and went looking for references. The instructions has one place the filters/screens(?) deep in the intakes at "A" but a check of a photo online shows that they are located near the front "2"...

IMG_0006.JPG

c.205.jpg

...also note the butterfly shutter on the upper intake which I will attempt to make.

Thanks guys. Yellow sprayed on with Vallejo Model Air 71.078 Golden Yellow. Italeri calls for RLM 27 but the info I came across said this was for hoses so I stuck with RLM 04. Maybe 27 was used when 04 was unavailable.

IMG_0001.JPG

With the left over paint I though I would try some mottles. A & B were the first shots but this is with my large coverage grey tip and not the fine tan tip

IMG_0001 (2).JPG

This will be my first model using Vallejo exclusively for the camo

It's possible the RLM 27 ( FS 33591 ) is said because it was a colour of a quite close tone to the Italian yellow Giallo Crome 7 ( FS 33655 ) that was used for ID markings. The RLM 04 is said to be the FS 33538 and was of the orange tone contrary to the RLM 27 that was of the lemon tinge. However the German paints were used as well and you might be right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back