**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 2 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My Paint mixes....
51_RLM 74 & 75 Paint Mixes_3308.jpg

Much obliged gents and thanks very much Wayne. Whats the shelve life of your mixed paints? I've got some empty Tamiya bottles and if the paints lasts a few months I can make a full bottle. Going back to camp today so that gives me a week to finish. Doable methinks

Nice looking model Geo and youv'e got to give it to the Italians, they came up with some wonderful cameo effects. Good bit of sprayinf practice for you one you get the coloures sorted. :)

Thanks Vic. Was just about to mix the colours and decided to come back and re-check Wayne's mix numbers........sonuva@. For some reason I'm constantly getting 74 and 75 mixed up. Frantically searching......no XF-51 Khaki Drab. This means a trip to PG: we were thinking of going tomorrow anyhow. There was a snow storm last night and a quick check of the highway cams shows that the roads are a mess, tripped delayed. While searching for something else I came across 3 Tamiya sized bottles in my old model room...........VICTORY!!!.............and its dang near full

IMG_0004.JPG

I always like gunze or vallejo for sure, for the quality of the color not of the painting that everyone knows his way of painting that is very personal, in RLM the gunze C series are magnificent for the RLM04 which is the yellow used by the Italians after 1943 I would give the H413 / C113 and for the blur of the lateral I tell you how I would do it, with the gunze that are for me super maneuverable, I would put first 10 guns solvent droplets the blue label and yellow letters (the solvent of the paints mr color), since it lasts longer to evaporate than the normal of the hobby mr, I would put 20 drops of the paint always first the lightest color, and another 20 drops of solvent, I plug the output of the airbrush and I give it air with a rod to help mix, remove the airbrush nubolizador I put the pressure at 6psi (0.5bares) and 5 mm of the model pinto making fast snaking lines from one pint to the other of the plane will almost not be seen but I repeat the operation trying d and always go for the same position to whet paint-capes and where not agree as much as in other falloff effect that they had these camus is.

Thanks guys and again, thank you Sergio. I sprayed on the 75 last night and for the first time used a 1:1 ratio with distilled water @ 20 PSI (From the sources I have GS can be thinned with Tamiya thinner, IPA or distilled water at 2:1 or 1:1) Sprayed like a charm. With what little I had left over I again practised a few mottles, again at 20 PSI but with the airbrush dialed back. Gaining confidence. I should have mentioned earlier that using the Aztek Grey nozzle allows me to dial down and create lines 1/32" in width, the normal pattern being 1/2". I still need a few touch-ups and will then apply the 74

Sounds good Geo. If you can, try doing the mottle at a lower pressure, around 15 psi or slightly lower if the compressor will handle it. It should make it more controllable and easier to build up the desired effect.

Thanks Terry, I'll use every option at hand. RLM 75 camo is on. I sure wish Gunze Sangyo was readily available. The stuff sprays good at 1:1, better coverage at 2:1 and is the easiest acrylic by far to clean up.

IMG_0002.JPG

Waiting for this to dry and then hit it with Polly Scale RLM 74. I've heard of some problems spraying this on other sites but they seem to revolve around choice of IPA as a thinner. The instructions on the bottle and recommendations of others is to use distilled water, 10-15%, some even using it straight from the bottle without issue. I'm going with the bottle.

Looks good Geo! :thumbleft: I love Gunze paints, they are the predominant paint in my collection. I thin them with Tamiya thinner and they spray beautifully.

I gotta tell you Foreigner "Double Vision" has gotta be going on your record player while doing two 205's!

Good info. I'm trying to keep your two and Turbo's Folgore going as I have the Folgore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back