**** DONE: GB-37 1/48 ACH-47A Chinook - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Gentlesirs. Further progress, interior wall port, starboard and roof finished, interior wall port side up and inplace, interior wall number two starboard side also up and inplace. Ready to install the roof but thought I'd take some interior shots before it all vanishes from the sight of mortal man.
IMG_2262.JPG
IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG
IMG_2266.JPG

some of the interior should be visible through the open tail gate.
Possibly, though these are the interior walls, the main body goes around them. The three .50cal side windows remain open as does the .50cal starboard side door. The round ports get clear plastic windows. I will leave the tail hatch down as there was a fifth .50cal mounted on the hatch. So maybe a bit using a small flashlight (Torch in Merry Olde)

Nice Mike and though a bit of lighting would be great, it would be hard to hide a battery. When I did my Ju-52, I built wooden crate to hide it in.

I was thinking of one of those 'Houchin' type GPUs, varieties of which are available in kit form, from the likes of Hasegawa.
The battery could be hidden in this, and the power cable lead off to the aircraft, just as on the real thing. Simple wiring inside, with one or two dim LED's.

Mike 1..jpg

Thanks Geo
Wow, a scale model power unit actually supplying power to a scale model helo actually using it...very, very creative Terry. Make a neat diorama IF I knew how to make dioramas. Remember I'm NOT the guy that designs the Sistine Chapel I'm the guy that puts one brick on top of another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back