**** DONE: GB-37 1/48 HE111-H - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Has he got cookies ?
I'm not going unless he has cookies ................ and beer ................ and Swedish blondes ........ and ...................... oh, hello nurse !

Thanks all, I have not been updating very much lately as I've been really tide up on personal business but I have been doing some work.

I got he canopy on and masked and shot some RLM 66 (Testors acrylic) to help find flaws. That was a mistake, gee did I find them!. First I did not get a good fit on the forward canopy and it was way off at the bottom. I hd to build up the lower fuselage in the area and then putty to fit. There were some minor areas of fit around the bomb bay area but it was to be expected and not a lot of issues. some other minor areas as well but overall not to bad.

l
thumbnail (24).jpg
thumbnail (25).jpg
thumbnail (26).jpg
thumbnail (28).jpg
thumbnail (29).jpg

Yep, it looks odd.
I had a similar problem on my Heinkel, and ended up mixing the colours to a better shade.
Pics below show the original MM RLM 71, with my mixed version, and the RLM 70 and RLM 71, both mixed.

He-111 KG26 Build 315.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 316.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 320.JPG

I'd re-paint it totally with a new mix.
I mixed mine with greens and black, using Humbrol enamels, until it looked right, and matched reliable chips and the Xtracolor enamel paints.
The RLM 71 was a mix of Humbrol 242 (supposedly RLM 71 but too dark) and Humbrol 159 Khaki Drab.
The RLM 70 was a mix of Humbrol 105 Marine Green and black.

So I went with the fact that the paint instructions were bas acquards, and 70 was indeed 71 ect... and I shot the whole 70 (71) Testors acrylic and followed up with the 71 from Vallejo which I thought looked more green then grey. I'm much more pleased with this.

HE111paint.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back