**** DONE: GB-40 1:72 Junkers Ju88 A-4 - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Definitely out of line.

Eggert, rather than picking on Graham, rather rudely I might add, why not start a separate post about all the good stuff you know. I watch you over at TOCH and respect your posts there but your tone on this site comes across as arrogant.

There's plenty of room and interest on this forum for posting new information and pointing out errors by model manufacturers and in publications in a respectful manner but don't do it by criticizing someone's modelling work after he has stated repeatedly that he is not interested in accuracy.

I would like to clarify a few things. I am interested in keeping my work as accurate as possible, hence my concerns about bomb colours etc , however up to a point . I don't feel like I am being picked on either, I am very familiar with people of his type and understand their motivation so time to move on. Back to doing body work !

My wife teaches K thru 4 and always gets the kids with dissabilities!
Just don't know why we have to read their diatribes in here.
I research till I am exhausted, but get much more help by members in here.
Without having to glean it presented in code.

We're stealing your thread, sorry.
Yous doin great!

No more needs be said, no one-is-picking-on-no-one, no harm was done to any < > in this production, all has been said on accuracy (lack of), a little "not understanding" (possibly faking it) but let time pass, then it will dawn or dissappear - now time for doing else. Good models come and go.

Eggert, if you think you can do a better job, get in and have a go. There are a wide range of skill levels and even more reasons why people get involved in the GBs. I am never going to win awards for how I build my models. I do my best, I get a kick out of it and I get a kick out of just hanging around with people I like to think are friends.

Its not okay what you are doing right now eggert, and for the record, I think Graham does a bloody marvellous job with his modelling renditions

I will certainly quit commenting ... -ish. What I did was POINT OUT THAT THE SUBJECT IS FAKE
(he then himself added a fake subject and was busted). The fake markings on 1/72nd Ju 88 A-4 come from Revell. Got that?
Never said his job was lousey or improper, or his friends were fools or arseholes. They probably need no assistance on that.
I wil certainly be ROFL at the end of the day.

Last edited:
1:72 Scale Eduard Norton En 229 1+1 Stealth fighter.

norton1.jpg

norton1.jpg

norton2.jpg

Eduard Norton En 229 1+1 in Stealth mode.

norton3.jpg

"...Never said his job was lousey or improper, or his friends were fools or arseholes. They probably need no assistance on that. ..."
Mi estimado ednorth, creo que tus comentarios son decepcionantes y fuera de lugar.
Es probable que en los otros foros donde te desenvuelves como pez en el agua, te aguanten y comprendan.
En el poco tiempo que llevas en éste formidable y gran foro de aviación, nos has mostrado cierto desequilibrio cerebral, pese a tu conocimiento.

Que sea lo que tenga que suceder.

(Google translator can help you, but surely you also speak a perfect Spanish)

Amen bruddah. (brother)
My first builds coming back in after 30 or more years was painting the inside of the canopy white so I wouldn't have to deal with the cockpit!!!!!

Keep on keeping on with this build!

No worries, still at it. I can't help but feel I baited him a little. Some people just take themselves far too seriously ! At least it provided me with an opportunity to post pictures of the ridiculous PM Models Horton 229 I built a few years back !

Obviously, you need figure out why your brain refuses to co-op or process the info given.
Beeing in BC is no excuse.:eek:

But as its not real, your fantasy is at the helm, and not my troble,. Authenticity here is false, you claim you cheated (but busted in the process).
who cares, nobody. I find it personally "dark" and having too obvious/fictitios markings. You asked for it.
As night fighter it was not, just as an experimental type (no production was in fact authorized, yes all needed approval! ):vamp2:(

I checked tonight my copies of the relevant basic Luftwaffe Production Plans (1933 - 1945)
Copied several thousand pages in Germany last summer, with a German friend/helper/researcher.
and had copies of many more before that happened. :cool:

And guess what "8-229" appears in only one Reich Plan , LP 227/1, Page 2 of 8 "V-Muster" dated 15.12.44.
This production plan page is on Prototypes only, the next plan (Overview of LP 227, with LP 228/1. version and 2. version comparison)
dated 15.03.45 - it vanishes (not listed anymore) (so was it cancelled?) :peeking:

And by mid March all production had grind to a halt due no more coal or transportation to carry any goods about.
And half of Germany West side industry workers was fleeing. Everything was collapsing.

So have textbooks been lying to us for decades of this "promishing new fighter Go 229" ???

Seems it was only on paper after all. But spinning up stories seems been too easy for eager
"not particularlily well informed" amateurs to purchase in incresingly re-cycled books,
probably Modellers fuelling "new" thirst for "new" models (and entire the "what if" fiction spinoff).

Is there emo for distest ? :mad: ?

And then same become offended when pointed at the errors they are doing in their modelling.o_O

Since its designation is "just" Ho IX V3 (not Ho or Go 229) as that (8-229) is the planned designation of (40) Forty "V-Muster" prototypes, from Jan 45 at rate of one, three, five, seven, eight, eight, six and two in August 45.) Note: Actual made was only two or three, flown by wars end.

And you are busted, Mister, twice.:pilotsalute:
"Out"

And what was so hard for him to understand that Bustedwing was not going for historical accuracy?

Some people...smh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back