**** DONE: GB-41 1/48 Hawker Hurricane Mk XII - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Glenn. Had to repair a small ejector pin mark on the carb intake that I forgot to do before painting so have this area to touch up. I will lighten the underside colour a tad and then go over the whole bottom again.

Tonight I mixed up a batch of Dark Earth to match the colour chip and sprayed it on. In the following pic, the browns look very red under my shop lights owing to the white backgrounds on this pic. The match to the chip shown in the pic is actually very good and consists of 3 parts XF-52 Flat Earth to 1 part XF-4 Yellow.

19050301.jpg

With the Dark Earth done, I sprayed straight XF-81 Dark Green freehand. The paint was thinned 60 to 70% and sprayed at about 13psi to achieve the tight edge pattern. Below you can see the process with one patch complete and the second one with just the pattern outlined and the infill started. Note how different the Dark Earth now looks in this lighting.

19050302.jpg

After a 3 hour session, here's where I stand. The freehand pattern spraying is a bit tiring and my computer with the reference drawing ran out of juice so I packed things up for the day. I should get the rest of the camo done this weekend.

19050303.jpg

I will be making my own masks and painting the markings for this one. I just need to tweak the files that I made for Luis-Carlos and cut new masks on my Cricut digital cutter when I get the camo done. Til next time.....

so beauty work andy, excellent job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back