**** DONE: GB-42 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff, I believe I have the colours on hand. Moving on...the fit of the rudder....it didn't. The notches aren't supposed to be seen unless the rudder is deflected. I've seen three other builds that have the notches shown.

IMG_0001.JPG

The rudders of a Mk.IX and Mk.Vc, note the slight deflection on the Mk.Vc

1561338217483.png

ALAN WILSON
Another Mk.V

1561338678783.png

DAVE MILLER
For some reason, in the top photo, the elevators look to be slightly drooped but here they seem to be ever so slightly raised. Not sure what's going on with my perspectives lately

IMG_0002.JPG

The offending area seems to be between the arrows

IMG_0003.JPG

Last edited:
IMHO the way the rudder was moulded is a kind of the manufacturer's nod to the assemblers who want to make their models with the deflected rudder.
Otherwise the leading edge of the rudder should be sanded down in order to remove the notches. Also it may be worth to remove some of the plastic from the inside at the rear edge of the fin and the fuselage back for moving the rudder ahead.

Minor setbacks Greg. I've got a half dozen Hobbycraft kits under my belt so this is nothing. Totally agree Wojtek. I actually started filing before I took the pics, the cut-outs were a lot more pronounced.

Looking very good Geo. Gotta get me one of those light boxes for my pictures. Makes a world of difference.

Filled in the divots and painted the screens. I'll add and other wash when I get home, this time with Citadel India Ink which is quite a bit darker. Added the shoulder harness and the straps that goes behind the seat and into the fuselage

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Done for another week. I'll start painting next Thursday as Wednesday is medical day in PG. Camp bus in 2½ hours, have a great week gentlemen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back