**** DONE: GB-42 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you. Oxygen bottle attached to starboard fuselage. To attach the 1mm nub to the corresponding hole I first put a blob of blue-tac on the bottle and inserted a round tooth-pick into this. I used tube glue on the nub and back of the bottle (I had previously scraped paint of the fuselage frame), this would give me some time before the glue set. I removed the round tooth-pick and then using two flat tooth-picks, I poked and prodded the bottle into place and let it set for half an hour. Making sure the bottle was set firmish, I added Tamiya liquid glue and let it set for another half hour. Once set firm, I removed the blue-tac blob and there it sits.....for now. You can just make out the silver valve stem of the bottle inside the seat frame. This prohibits mounting the bottle on the fuselage before the cockpit as Tim mentioned. I am not sure there is any other way to do this

1560292870032.png

Also note ID light, Future'd and CA'd into place

Last edited:
Thanks gents. No progress photos of the last session. Had there been, the parts would have been covered in tears. Despite constant test fitting of the fuel tank cover over the fuselage during the cockpit build and seeing it too be quite good, once the fuselage was glued together the fit wasn't even close. Soooooooooooo, I breaks out the black paint, run it around the outside of the IP and there it is; far too wide. I've read about this in one other build and really should have test fit the two IP parts inside the cover. So far I've narrowed the all around 3mm gap to about 1mm toward the last ½cm at the rear. When I get home next week I'll finish it off. On a plus note, as Tim suggested, the wing fuselage fit is much better with the cockpit installed, at least on the one side I've test fitted. Camp bus in two hours, have a good week, gentlemen

It's a shame I've not been keeping up on this build. Incredible work there Geo and some really good lessons on paticants and test fitting going on. As always you have some really great work.

Okay....this is insane. I lost track of time trying to install one landing gear attachment point. The other is circled and I've walked away for a while

IMG_0001.JPG

The only way to handle the part is to grab it with your fingertips; where the part number is pointing to in the instructions. You then try and maneuver the part into a hole, onto a lip and abut against an arm. The abutting part is where you are holding it. I had to file down the round part that goes into the hole and shorten it as it wouldn't fit in the hole. I finally got it into the hole and on the lip, added a bit of glue and as it set I rotated the part up to the arm.

IMG_0003.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back