**** DONE: GB-42 1/72 Dornier Do 24T - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I guess it depends on the size of the hole; I used this on my GB40 B6N2 fuselage windows

1558966640737.png

I'm curious, how does one come to hate a plane ?
because in this plane, my uncle grandfather was sent to Germany from bilbao for being a republican, deported because he was the little brother of my grandfather, a commander of the republican army where he died of exhaustion 7 months after his arrival in Mattchaussen

because in this plane, my uncle grandfather was sent to Germany from bilbao for being a republican, deported because he was the little brother of my grandfather, a commander of the republican army where he died of exhaustion 7 months after his arrival in Mattchaussen
So, you really hate the political police who put him on the plane

It's kind of like me hating vans because my brother-in-law was killed by one.

Granted. I guess it's all to easy to forget some of the evil these machines helped facilitate. My condolences on your family's loss.

Well I messed around with the Testors window slime and no matter what I tried I couldn't get the stuff to span the opening. I ended up using the clear plastic container I get my take out sushi in. Very thin clear and a breeze to clip out with a hole punch. It's also compatible with ordinary model cement. The top is the clear curling rocks that come with the kit. The bottom are the sushi windows.

Do-24T (10)r.jpg

Cockpit builds up nice, straight out of the box. The seats area bit goofy and will need some help. (not added yet). The rivets are a bit big and makes it look like it belongs in Capt. Nemo's sub but other wise pretty spiffy for an Italeri kit.

Do-24T (11)r.jpg

Kit supplies a PE set, belts external details and this IP. I kind of over did the white a bit trying to make gauges that look like gauges with a sharpened tooth pick. Won't be that noticeable once the fuselage is assembled which is a bit of a shame.

Do-24T (13)r.jpg

Yes, surprising the PVA didn't work, but the new windows seem to have done the job, and looking good overall.

I was surprised as well. It may be that it's just old and some of the stuff has settled over time. It kind of seemed not quite as thick as I remember it being even though I shook the crap out if it before I tried it.

Yes, that tends to happen when it gets old. I have two bottles of the Micro stuff, both unused, and they've gone solid !
I just use ordinary PVA nowadays - it's the same stuff, and a lot cheaper, with a 500 ml bottle costing around £1.

The PVA glue is a poly-vinyl alcohol one. Usually it is used for sticking wood, paper and a couple of plastic kinds. It is a kind of thick white ( milky ) or clear liquid. When cured it gives a nice clear film ( mostly water-proof ) especially if applied as a thin layer. It can be used for filling small holes like windows of models imitating the window glass. Being fresh it is easy washable with water soaked rag, etc... There is a lot of brands of the glue.

klej-pva1.jpg

klej-pva.jpg

Yep, that's the stuff. Known as 'white glue' in the USA, and I think a common brand is Elmer's.
I got my last 500 ml bottle from the local Ryman's store about three or four years ago, and have only used roughly half the bottle, for windows, lamps, attaching clear parts, but mainly for filling tiny gaps at wing roots, and also blending-in windscreens.
The stuff marketed by the likes of Testors and Micro is basically the same - but in small bottles at a much higher price!!

I just call it Elmers wood glue. I use it a lot for wood work but it's a yellow colour. I'll check the hardware store for clear stuff next time I'm there buying something I already have but can't find.

I just call it Elmers wood glue. I use it a lot for wood work but it's a yellow colour. I'll check the hardware store for clear stuff next time I'm there buying something I already have but can't find.
Check the little kid school section it's there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back