**** DONE: GB-42 1/72 Dornier Do 24T - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The rear section of the crew compartment has no fuselage detail so I added some bits an pieces to give it more bling. I doubt any of it will be very visible one it's together but....well you know.

Do-24t (17)r.jpg

Do-24t (18)r.jpg

With Andy!

I feel compelled to add any *possibly* visible detail, just incase you can see in, and it's not there... seems more like a curse than a blessing most of the time, but it IS fun adding all those details...!

Love what you're doing with this kit so far.

Office space to let. The front section of the cockpit comes with sides. Not very detailed but I went with them. The back section has nothing as I posted earlier so I added some goodies. The seats in the front have PE belts that are included in the kit. The seats in the rear portion which I would imagine are the navigator and radio operator did not so I used after market belts. I also made a map of the Mediterranean and stuck it to the table. The cockpit detail is a bit over exaggerated but for a 1:72 scale Italeri kit it's still up there. Rivets seem way too big for starters and the pilot seats are a bit clunky looking. On to the engines !

Do-24T (19)r.jpg

Do-24T (21)r.jpg

Do-24T (28)r.jpg

Well I haven't had as much time as I would like to work on this. The upside is my yard is starting to look fairly not a disaster. I did have some time to see if I could get my eyeballs to explode though. Some plug wires to ad a bit of detail to the one piece engines. Mmmm 6 more for the Me 323 ? I think I'll look for something in PE !

Do-24T (29)r.jpg

Do-24T (30)r.jpg

Well done. Like Andy, I have enough work trying one engine, and that's in 1/48th scale.
I'd have no chance in Tiny Tot scale, especially with multi-engines !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back