**** DONE: GB-46 1:48 Me-410 B-2 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As I said, slow and easy. I have almost completed the forward cockpit assemblies. All those damned, small levers are in place on the left console (7 of them). I took my time under the magnifying lamp to carefully open the slots these fit into. Used a #11 scalpel and slowly, and I mean slowly, opened them up. I was removing dust particle sized pieces of resin. That was worth the couple of hours that took when it came to getting the levers installed. I then bent them out after the CA set to gain clearance to drop just tiny dollops of PVA to form knobs. Next will be the final painting of the levers (silver) and the knobs (mostly black with two in a very light tan or white). After that, final bending to get them into place.
The right side cockpit wall is done as well. Forgive the focus issue, the camera was not liking that shot through the magnifying lamp. Some detailed painting, installing the instruments and the PE IP panels. A final wash of both light gray and grungy black was applied.
I guess you guys can figure I am now committed to using the resin cockpit. I have done a bit of coarse comparison to the kit parts and I am not yet seeing any significant fit issues, more of some fine tuning in final sanding. The left hand side wall is painted, but not yet washed out. Working on that now. Once these are all done, then I will tape it all together and take a closer look at fit into the fuselage. After that, on to the gunners office.
Thanks for stopping in.

forward left console with levers.jpgRgt side wall.jpg

Ok, the forward cockpit is completed. The attached pictures are with everything taped together. I think things look ok. Initial test fitting into the fuse sure looks promising with no indication of any major issues getting things installed.

Onto the gunner's area next. I am really having trouble finding any good COLOR pics of the sidewalls in this area. I know only two exist today. This may be a challenge and just might allow artistic interpretation.

Once again, thinks for stopping in.

Forward Cockpit taped together 4.jpgForward Cockpit taped together 3.jpgForward Cockpit taped 1.jpgForward cockoit taped together 2.jpg

I've only seen a couple of colour pics of the RAFM Me 410 rear cockpit. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of sidewall fittings, so you can probably "wing it".
I was given access to the aircraft a few years back, to get some detail shots of the wheel bays etc for Andy. Unfortunately, the aircraft was under maintenance at the time, and up on jacks, so I couldn't get any interior shots, although I do have a good shot of the front cockpit,taken from a calendar !

Thanks for looking for me, guys. I was not expecting any new info. And, Terry, you are correct, the gunner's side walls are fairly simple and I think a mix of mostly RLM66 with some black and white highlighting with additional washing and wear would do the trick.
Andy, Terry, thanks once again for looking for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back