**** DONE: GB-47 1:72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc - WW2 D-Day and After - Western Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
User Name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: Advanced
Kit: Academy Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIc
Scale: 1/72nd
Accessories: Xtradecal 70th Anniversary D-Day Part 1

For a second build this time around it will be this Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIc MW367 "DRoB" "Jessie" of 1697 (Air Dispatch Letter Service) Flight RAF Northholt, June/July 1944

3a.jpg

Assembled the cockpit with added harness made from wine bottle foil. With the small cockpit opening and canopy not much of this will be seen.

P1013078.JPG

Prop and spinner assembled and the joint smoothed out. Masked and ready for paint.

P1013079.JPG

Fuselage glued up. The cockpit is to be glued to the wing and (hopefully) fits tightly in the right position.

P1013080.JPG

I drilled a shallow indention in the block-out for the landing light and painted it silver (but forgot to take a picture). Here I have glued in the lenses, filed them flush and polished them. The drilled light behind them is not sa visible as I had hoped because the lenses were a solid plug of clear plastic, but they don't look too bad.

P1013082.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back