**** DONE: GB-47 1:72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc - WW2 D-Day and After - Western Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the info Andy. I did it (roughly) based on a picture I found on the internet. Should have asked you first, it would have been easier to do it that way. I think I'll leave it alone at this point as it probably won't even be seen through the tiny pains in the canopy, but I'll be saving that picture for when I do the 1:48th Hurricane I have in the stash.
After doing a test fit of the cockpit into the fuselage I wish I hadn't wasted as much time as I did on the cockpit.I could have painted the seat silver and everything else black and it would have looked the same.

Last edited:
The cockpit mounted on the wing. Not much of this will be seen in the end.

P1013086.JPG

On test fitting there was a pretty good gap on the wing/fuselage jount so I added this spreader

P1013087.JPG

Been working hard on this one so here's a big update with pictures taken over the last week or so. I'm about sick of masking at this point :lol:

Yellow painted on the leading edges of the wings and Sky for the fuselage band

P1013094.JPG

The yellow and sky masked and white sprayed for the invasion stripes on the fuselage and underside of the wings

P1013098.JPG
P1013099.JPG

Masking for the black invasion stripe bars

P1013100.JPG

The black sprayed and over spray masking removed

P1013101.JPG
P1013102.JPG

Invasion stripes masked off for the underside camo

P1013104.JPG

Medium Sea Gray sprayed on and invasion stripes masking removed from the wings

P1013106.JPG

The canopy parts masked and glued on