**** DONE: GB-49 1:48 Spitfire Mk.I (EARLY) - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Airfix
Model: Spitfire Mk.I/Mk.Ia/Mk.IIa (Kit Number A05115A)
Scale: 1:48
Add-ons: P.E. seat belts I hope

THIS WILL BE A LARGE SCREW-UP FOR MANY. I'VE SWAPPED BUILDS AROUND DUE TO A PART ISSUE IN THE OLDER AIRFIX KIT. IGNORE EVERYTHING HERE AND HEAD TO POST #35. MAJOR APOLOGIES.

Screenshot 2021-02-15 102858.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-31 151438.jpg

Last edited:
Yep and I have three more to play with. The other issue, the wonky landing gear, I will tend to before I start the build to get it out of the way. It'll be a bit easier than trying to drill a hole in the part that is in the wheel well already

May have a problem here and correct me if I'm wrong. This is how I make out the camo colours....

1612219041004.png

....and this is how Airfix would have them....

1612219197826.png

If I'm right do I merely transpose the colours?

That's me stumped. At first I thought this could be a result of the mirrored A and B schemes but neither standard matches your interpretation. And I agree that the colours in the picture seem to be reversed from those in the instructions, which show the standard A scheme.

There's a 1:72 kit that has a different colour option for this aircraft but I can only find a shot of the left side. Can't recall the maker at the moment. Heading out to get nuked and then a car appointment. I'll see if I can find the kit instructions when I get back. I'm thinking a lot of models of this kite are painted wrong

There's a 1:72 kit that has a different colour option for this aircraft but I can only find a shot of the left side. Can't recall the maker at the moment. Heading out to get nuked and then a car appointment. I'll see if I can find the kit instructions when I get back. I'm thinking a lot of models of this kite are painted wrong
it's AZ models and they say it was painted in the "B" scheme !

Spitfire Mk.I Review by Peter Mitchell (AZ Models 1/72)

scroll down and you'll see it

i keep looking but i still cant see any colour demarcations on that pic of AR212 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back