**** DONE: GB-49 1:48 Spitfire Mk.I - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Airfix included the tail antenna mast on the other kit but not this one so I added one. and of course the close-up shows some refinement needed.

1615572544362.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The whiteness has been added in preparation for the yellow nose. I used Vallejo Surface Primer for this.

IMG_0003.JPG

When it comes time to paint the yellow nose I'll use Model Master Acryl Pale Yellow. I probably bought this in the early '90s and it has never been opened until last week when I checked to see if it had hardened up. Stirred it up and it looks good.....so far. I have no idea why I bought this shade of yellow but compare it to Tamiya

IMG_0001.JPG

I think it will work for my purpose

Yeller.....it did spray well. And then I notice the gap I was supposed to fill but forgot because it was covered in masking tape. For what ever reason, the colour on the model is darker than what is in the bottle, even on a white under-coat. It is still lighter than Tamiya yellow

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Looks good to me 👍

any idea why this one has a yellow nose? Is it from a training unit or for a specific operation? I'm thinking like the Dieppe landings?

I would have thought it could have caused friendly fire incidents given the Luftwaffe ' s use of yellow noses during the BoB.

Cheers Greg :salute:

It was used as a sort of "aggressor" aircraft in 57 Operational Training Unit (OTU). Among other pilots, W/Cdr James Eric Storrar DFC flew this aircraft. This one will go along with the other famous aircraft of the OTU I built a while ago, flown by Squadron Leader James Harry "Ginger" Lacey DFM & Bar, JZ⦾E AR213....

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Ignore the remaining dust but as I was dusting it off I noticed that I still hadn't put on the serial numbers so technically this could be my first GB Zombie

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back