**** DONE: GB-49 1:48 Spitfire Mk.I (EARLY) - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Airfix
Model: Spitfire Mk.I/Mk.Ia/Mk.IIa (Kit Number A05115A)
Scale: 1:48
Add-ons: P.E. seat belts I hope

THIS WILL BE A LARGE SCREW-UP FOR MANY. I'VE SWAPPED BUILDS AROUND DUE TO A PART ISSUE IN THE OLDER AIRFIX KIT. IGNORE EVERYTHING HERE AND HEAD TO POST #35. MAJOR APOLOGIES.

Last edited:

These guys. I've already started to modify the cover quite a while ago. Almost there but not quite.

The sharp eye may have noticed that there are two cockpit panels for the right side. One is for the earlier Mk.I. Gotta do this one...

Last edited:
Yep and I have three more to play with. The other issue, the wonky landing gear, I will tend to before I start the build to get it out of the way. It'll be a bit easier than trying to drill a hole in the part that is in the wheel well already

May have a problem here and correct me if I'm wrong. This is how I make out the camo colours....

....and this is how Airfix would have them....

If I'm right do I merely transpose the colours?

That's me stumped. At first I thought this could be a result of the mirrored A and B schemes but neither standard matches your interpretation. And I agree that the colours in the picture seem to be reversed from those in the instructions, which show the standard A scheme.

There's a 1:72 kit that has a different colour option for this aircraft but I can only find a shot of the left side. Can't recall the maker at the moment. Heading out to get nuked and then a car appointment. I'll see if I can find the kit instructions when I get back. I'm thinking a lot of models of this kite are painted wrong

it's AZ models and they say it was painted in the "B" scheme !

Spitfire Mk.I Review by Peter Mitchell (AZ Models 1/72)

scroll down and you'll see it

i keep looking but i still cant see any colour demarcations on that pic of AR212 ?

Users who are viewing this thread