**** DONE: GB-51 1/48 IAI Nesher - No Propellers (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Username : Wayne Little

First name : Wayne

Category : Judge – Non competing

Scale : 1/48

Manufacturer / Model : Kinetic Israeli Aircraft Industries Nesher

Extras : Eduard Cockpit set and Canopy masks.

Time to get in on the act......

The Israeli Aircraft Industries Nesher was the Israeli built version of the Mirage V and proved to be highly successful in the hands of Israeli Pilots, during the 1973 Yom Kippur war the Nesher Pilots claimed over 100 Kills.
One of these successful Pilots, Giora Epstein claimed 9 Kills in the Nesher and would become the Top scoring Israeli Jet fighter Pilot with a total of 17 Victories by the end of the Yom Kippur War.
My entry for this Group Build, will be IAI Nesher '561' flown by Giora Epstein who claimed 8 of his 9 Nesher Victories in this aircraft, scoring 4 kills twice, the first on the 18th​ October (7 – 10) , the second block, (11 – 14) 2 days later on the 20th​ of October 1973.
His final victories (15 – 17) were scored in a 2 seater Mirage IIIBJ '86' just 4 days later on the 24th​ of October. I would like to tackle this as well but not sure time will allow me….there is a Luftwaffe 46 kit calling me too…..

Nesher '561' is depicted after the Yom Kippur War in 1975, carrying the Yellow and Black Checker pattern on the rudder indicating it belongs to 113 Squadron.

The aircraft carried it's full victory tally, of 12 Claims, along with the Orange/Yellow and Black Quick identification triangles introduced when Libyan Mirage V aircraft supported Egyptian forces and became involved in the 1973 conflict.

The Triangle Identification markings were retained until the Neshers were phased out of service.

The Colour painting instructions showing all the detail and info….for some reason could not download this from the Kinetic site.....

Image Source : The Net , you can find this and another similar image by simply typing Nesher Giora Epstein, whom proudly stands beside the aircraft.

Kinetic_IAI Nesher.jpg
Nesher 561.jpg
Epstein.png
Have not built a Kinetic Kit before so we will see how she goes together…..

I've got the Kinetic Mirage IIIE/O. for the most part been a good kit. have an issue with a panel below the cockpit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back