**** DONE: GB-51 1:72 F-104 Starfighter - No Propellers.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Username: Bustedwing
First name: Graham
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: ERTL/USCI
Model Type 1:72 scale F-104 G/S Starfighter
Add Ons: Some scratch built details. After market decals.

Well I only had three kits in my stash that fit this category. The F-104, Me 262 and a Flettner 282. The Flettner was a bi of a stretch being that a rotor is kind of a propeller. I did a 262 for the night fighter build so that left me with the 104. During the late 70s and 80s I never missed an air show, My favourite was seeing the CF-101s and CF104 demos. I plan on building this as a CF 104 but I'm not positive what direction I'll go. I really like the European camouflage so I'm kind of leaning in that direction. However, as I build mostly Luftwaffe aircraft, the kit version of it looks pretty slick as well. The kit come with lots of options. It's not a great kit detail wise but it has nice panel lines and a pretty clean molding. Stay tuned.

Cf-104 (6)r.jpg

Cf-104 (2)r.jpg

Cf-104 (3)r.jpg

Cf-104 (4)r.jpg

Cf-104 (1)r.jpg

Cf-104 (5)r.jpg

Last edited:
From what I have gathered so far Underside gray=FS36270, Upper gray=FS36118, upper green=FS34079. I'm going on a safari into Richmond tomorrow, hit YVR and Imperial Hobbies and see what they have. None of the paints I have match. If push comes to shove I guess I'll do a bit of creative mixing !

The bits and pieces. A few areas are pretty light detail wise so I plan on spiffing it up a few notches. Also as I'm beginning to find out there are several differences between the Lockheed F-104 and the Canadair CF-104. Not sure how I'll deal with that at this point. Not much to this kit.

Cf-104 (7)r.jpg

Actually, odd thing about the 104 was that the doors didn't quite fully close with the gear extended. But certainly enough to not have to worry about well details.

CF104 Underside Starfighter Museum.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back