**** DONE: GB-51 1:72 F-104 Starfighter - No Propellers.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not willing to leave well enough alone I decided to add some noodles and so on to that of the landing gear that can be seen. The next in order is seeing what can be done with the cockpit. The kit comes with decals for the gauges and switches but are kind of bland. The ejection seat is not very accurate as well.

Cf-104 (18)r.jpg

Cf-104 (17)r.jpg

Office reno update. Added some bits to the ejection seat. A little bit out of scale and not exactly %100 accurate but better than the kit offering. I'm really not happy with the decals on the console. They fell apart while trying to place them, each one broke up into a few parts and it was a pain to line everything up. I think I'll scrape them off and scratch build something. Probably do the same for the instrument panel. The two decals for that are pretty cheesy looking and will probably turn to poo as well.

Cf-104 (17)r.jpg

Cf-104 (22)r.jpg

Cf-104 (24)r.jpg

Keeping in mind of course that " I'm pretty sure " pretty much means the same thing as I am confidant I have know idea. I'm pretty sure this will wind up looking less cartoonish than using the decals, which, looking at the ones for the IP are just sitting there saying C'mon I dare ya ! and involve considerably less brain pain. Molded IPs and BMF circut switches and what not on the console in lieu of said vicious decals !

Cf-104 (26)r.jpg

Cf-104 (28)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back