**** DONE: GB-53 1:72 Focke Wulf Fw 189 - Eastern Front (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I got into some painting over the past week. The cockpit is detailed out and ready for the canopy action which I'm not looking forward to. It seems when you ( I) get to the gluing part, that's when things go bumhooley. I also opened the fronts of the engine cowling and planted little cylinder heads from styrene rod. The resin props are ready for paint as well. They are MILES better than the kit props !If everything work out I'm hoping to start painting the outside camouflage this weekend.

Fw-189 (42)r.jpg

Fw-189 (43)r.jpg

Fw-189 (45)r.jpg

Fw-189 (41)r.jpg

Very nice! I've built that kit a couple of times so I know what its like and it's amazing what you've done with it

Well I definitely fumbled the front part of the cockpit glazing. I should have joined the upper and lower halves BEFORE gluing it to the fuselage ! The fit was not so great and before I noticed just how bad it was it was too late. Hopefully the paint will hide it. And on to the paint. Primed with Krylon flat black sprayed through the air brush. Then What's left of my Testors Model Master Enamels stash, RLM70/71 splinter pattern. The under side, my last bottle of MM RLM 65 had turned to poodoo so panic city but no. I had a bottle of Humbrol that I swear must be 20 years old and never used. Mixed it up, worked great. I think the colour is a little off but close enough. Left are some touch ups and a few other details along with the aftermarket decals. Thanks all for the encouraging words ! A few times I was thinking, " why O why you silly fool ! Could have built the Eduard Fw 190 instead !

Fw-189 (46)r.jpg

Fw-189 (47)r.jpg

Fw-189 (48)r.jpg

Fw-189 (49)r.jpg

Fw-189 (50)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back