**** DONE: GB-53 1:72 Focke Wulf Fw 189 - Eastern Front (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nothing wrong with a bit of scratch. What was in the wheel housing, a bit of a lump from the mould ejector pin, not easy to move from such a confined space. :D
It was just very shallow. I have a bunch of broken dental picks that I got from my dentist. I've re purposed them with my dremmel to make all kinds of odd shaped chisels and scrapers so I just kind of dug the hole out deeper and added the styrene strips.

Speaking about the Eastern Front, I may have to mothball the Fw189 in favour of the new kit I picked up. I doubt it will be for long though.

russiancruiser()r.jpg

Well as it goes, The Canucks last game was tonight and yet again no playoff action here ! No excuses left now especially with the unseasonably cold dank weather we have been having. Landing gear and wings assembled. The gear is not glued in. Save for after paint work. The fun part begins, sorting out the cockpit. It's going to take a fair bit of tweaking to get things to fit ! Pilot seat needs to be shortened and lowered for starters.

Fw-189 (31)r.jpg

Fw-189 (34)r.jpg

Fw-189 (35)r.jpg

Fw-189 (36)r.jpg

Poking along. I have the canopies more or less fitted for size along with an epic masking job. I made some exhaust pipes with some rolled aluminum ( beer can stuff) for the engine cowling. All of the PE bits have been glued in place and now it's time to start some paint up. Note to self: Last bloody time I mess with 1:72 scale PE, I thought I had learned my lesson on the Heinkell 115 !!

Fw-189 (37)r.jpg

Fw-189 (38)r.jpg

Fw-189 (39)r.jpg

Fw-189 (40)r.jpg

That glasshouse would tempt me to try making painted frames on bendy tape or something like that. I think Terry used painted clear decal film a few times but I can see the paint flaking off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back