**** DONE: GB-54 1:48 P-40F/L - Pacific Theatre

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

Nicely done Steph, what sort of filler did you use! :D
It's Tamiya putty (basic type)... As said by Don, we can use it with acetone to smooth or to apply with a brush. :)

It seems that the surgery went well... The nose transplant was successful and I don't see any problem with rejection...!!! :lol:
DSCN6278.JPG
Some panel lines to re-engrave.

I modified the MGs and installed syringe needles
DSCN6285.JPG
:)

Last edited:
Arrrrrrgh !!!! :oops: I just noticed that I am missing a part in the kit !!! :facepalm::cry:
The left landing gear (part C28) is missing... I've a big spare box but no chance there is a part that I could use... I only found a complete model kit of an old ICM Spitfire IX still in his box... Maybe with some work I'll can to build that I need... :( :rolleyes:

I'm a little disappointed........................................................... :(

Edit: Too much work to change the Spitfire main landing gear to a P-40 one :( => I'm disappointed... (More..... And more.......)

Last edited:
Hello,

Not good Steph and I've nothing in my spares box that will match. :D
Thanks Vic :) IMHO the only solution is metal parts from Scale Aircraft Conversion (item 48279 or 48316) but very difficult to get here in France and a bit expensive with shipping from USA, Canada or GB... :oops:
It is very likely that this project will never be finished :(

Here I am now in front of the main problem of this kit: fuselage/wings assembly
DSCN6294.JPG

Here is a solution (probably not the only one)
DSCN6295.JPG

And the result
DSCN6297.JPGDSCN6298.JPGDSCN6299.JPG

I cut the original plastic part of the kit to fill the gap
DSCN6300.JPGDSCN6301.JPG
I keep working until I can't... :disappointed:8-[

Hello,

Steph surely with your skills you can make a passable leg? Or maybe get creative and make it a flyer?

Pity about the missing leg 😟. What about modelling this one wheels up??

Well.....time for some scratch building good sir....don't let it beat you at this stage...:)
thank you my friends for your encouragement, but my skill and my patience are not at the level of that it needs to do :rolleyes:
Regarding the option "wheels up", it's almost the same problem, the landing gear is partially visible even it's retracted... I hope to let you know about this problem very soon.

For the moment, the work of the nose/undersurface is finished (I think...). I'll add the cowl flaps later.
DSCN6305.JPGDSCN6308.JPG
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back