**** DONE: GB-54 1:48 P-40F/L - Pacific Theatre

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

Nicely done Steph, what sort of filler did you use!
It's Tamiya putty (basic type)... As said by Don, we can use it with acetone to smooth or to apply with a brush.

It seems that the surgery went well... The nose transplant was successful and I don't see any problem with rejection...!!!

Some panel lines to re-engrave.

I modified the MGs and installed syringe needles

Last edited:
Arrrrrrgh !!!! I just noticed that I am missing a part in the kit !!!
The left landing gear (part C28) is missing... I've a big spare box but no chance there is a part that I could use... I only found a complete model kit of an old ICM Spitfire IX still in his box... Maybe with some work I'll can to build that I need...

I'm a little disappointed...........................................................

Edit: Too much work to change the Spitfire main landing gear to a P-40 one => I'm disappointed... (More..... And more.......)

Last edited:
Hello,

Not good Steph and I've nothing in my spares box that will match.
Thanks Vic IMHO the only solution is metal parts from Scale Aircraft Conversion (item 48279 or 48316) but very difficult to get here in France and a bit expensive with shipping from USA, Canada or GB...
It is very likely that this project will never be finished

Here I am now in front of the main problem of this kit: fuselage/wings assembly

Here is a solution (probably not the only one)

And the result

I cut the original plastic part of the kit to fill the gap

I keep working until I can't...

Hello,

Steph surely with your skills you can make a passable leg? Or maybe get creative and make it a flyer?

Pity about the missing leg . What about modelling this one wheels up??

Well.....time for some scratch building good sir....don't let it beat you at this stage...
thank you my friends for your encouragement, but my skill and my patience are not at the level of that it needs to do
Regarding the option "wheels up", it's almost the same problem, the landing gear is partially visible even it's retracted... I hope to let you know about this problem very soon.

For the moment, the work of the nose/undersurface is finished (I think...). I'll add the cowl flaps later.

Users who are viewing this thread