**** DONE: GB-57 1/48 Fw 190F-8 - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorely tempted Andy. Last set of days was a nightmare. I put two graders out of commission and one was already out for a major overhaul. Once one came up I put a third down and it didn't come up until late in the afternoon. Roads are a disaster as the frost comes out. Anyhoo....stuff

IMG_0004.JPG

Spritz...spritz...spritz. In order, on the rudder, that colour said to be a greenish version of RLM76. I used Tamiya XF-14 J.A. Grey. Tother RLM76 using Vallejo Model Air 71.046 Pale Blue Grey. For RLM75 I used Mr. Hobby Aqueous H-69 RLM75 Gray Violet. Shortly I'll be shooting the RLM82 using Tamiya XF-26 Deep Green, which, according to a few sites, is a good match

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

The painting has been a hassle as I am using the two small diagrams from the decal sheet so may or may not even be accurate

Last edited:
Added more paint as per Vic's suggestion; looks better methinks

IMG_0003.JPG

Andy, what I found out was the F-8 could be painted either 74/75/76 or 75/82/76. Depending on the year of the book, 83 is mentioned but I think (hope) that was before they decided that 82 and 83 were reversed (I hope)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back