**** DONE: GB-57 1/48 Fw 190A-8 - WW2 Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Thanks Ralph. Time to get out the measuring stick before cutting
Oh! Another thing. These being Tamiya tape, I have never had any 'bleed' issues. So cut, peal and stick.
 
...but make sure you burnish down the edges anyway.

Geo, I tend to cut these freehand for the curves and with a ruler on the straights. I've always eliminated the doubt by staying on the line rather than inside or out. I use a sharp scalpel.
 
I used them on the windscreen; stuck like frightened limpets and had to add a small piece to the right quarter pane. Using my own tape for the canopy. I hope to start spraying after the Canucks disappoint me for the 32nd time
 
4 wins in a row!!! Did some spraying before the game. First I laid down a splotchy pattern of Vallejo White Primer and then lightly sprayed Tamiya XF-7 Red to try and break up the monotony. I might go back over some areas, not sure yet

IMG_2602.JPG

​
Tried to show an over-spray of the RLM02 in the wheel wells; kinda sorta worked

IMG_2603.JPG

​
Letting this setup for 24 hours and then will spray the black fuselage wings markings tonight. A bit of a concern as I sprayed the red immediately after the white so there may be paint lifting
 
:thumbright:
 
:thumbright:
 
I was looking at that liquorice, it reminds me of Pontefract cakes.

Cakes.jpg

:D
 
Propeller and spinner, black or RLM70?

Black, with yellow tips.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back